?

Log in

No account? Create an account
The next step. - Insanity [entries|archive|friends|userinfo]
Insanity

[ website | TrekSoap ]
[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

The next step. [Feb. 1st, 2007|03:48 am]
Insanity

treksoap

[_malware_]
*...activates comm system, accesses Foster's voice files...*

Henry, your dog's out again. How many times do I have to... Just come get him! I'm not cleaning up any messes that mutt makes!
linkReply

Comments:
[User Picture]From: henry_reed
2007-02-01 09:40 am (UTC)
::looks up from homework, what?::

Bloody...

::calls out in room:: Porthos? ::whistles sharply:: Here boy!

::... nothing... reaches over to comm, a little too far away for comfort but catches it anyway, barely, grunts as hits the button after the third try::

I'm sorry, Lieutenant, I coulda sworn he was here--

::looks back as papers and PADDs spill to the floor, grabs for them, managing to spread them around further::

Doggone...

He... ::grasps, just missing the edge of the PADD, then catches with a fingertip, bites corner of lip as... gets... ahold... of... it, there!::

He's good, you know that, he won't leave you any presents. Although I'd pay to see it, hee.

::piles the fallen items back up on the desk without sitting back up, a real balancing act::

Where is he? I'll come get him.
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: _malware_
2007-02-01 04:28 pm (UTC)
The last I saw of him, he was heading towards the main airlock junction. Just hurry up!
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: henry_reed
2007-02-02 05:00 am (UTC)
... hurry up, hurry up... do this, do that, do the other thing Yeah, okay, I'll be there in a minute.

::sits back up, straightening the mess a little, papers here, research... here, data padd... data padd... dammit, where's the data padd?::

::ducks under the desk, sighing... all the way over there...::

::voice muffled from being under furniture::

Hey... where'd you say he was, engineering?
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: _malware_
2007-02-02 05:06 am (UTC)
Jeez, you don't listen do you, kid? The. Main. Airlock. Junction. Don't tempt me with sending him out to space myself...he's close enough.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: henry_reed
2007-02-02 05:28 am (UTC)
What?

::bumps head in rush to get back up, getting pretty mad::

That's my pop's dog, you know, dad's too. What's wrong with you, you dumbass? He's a dog, he doesn't know any better. ::shuffles things around quickly, geez, better just go get him::

I'm coming, you just... leave him alone, I'll get him.

::jabs comm button off, hard, squeezing feet into sneakers, no time for socks, turns quickly toward the door, knocking most of the papers off the desk again::

::stands, staring at them as they flutter to a stop, throws hands in their direction::

WhatEVER.

::jogs out the door, sweats and sleeveless tshirt out of place among all the uniforms he passes in the hall, but used to it... a teenager's out of place here no matter what they wear::

::sniffs, rubbing nose as waits for lift to get to the right deck, gets off, jogging slower as gets closer... nobody around, how'd he get all the way down here, anyway...?::

Porthos? ::whistles:: Come on, you need to come home boy. Before Foster goes all Korean on you...
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: _malware_
2007-02-02 05:39 am (UTC)
*...modifies the comm, imitates Porthos' whine to make it sound like it's emanating from the area of airlock chamber...*
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: henry_reed
2007-02-02 05:44 am (UTC)
::blinks, then frowns, heading toward the sound::

Porthos? Hey... number one, you aren't supposed to be down here in the first place, number two... ::rounds corner, peers through the doors... creepy::

You definitely shouldn't be anywhere near here...

::sees nothing in the semi-dark space... stops to listen, turns around partway::

::pats leg::

Porthos, this isn't funny, come here.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: _malware_
2007-02-02 05:50 am (UTC)
*...keeps emanating the whine, but now almost has a pain-filled sound to it...*
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: henry_reed
2007-02-02 05:58 am (UTC)
... Porthos...?

::swings quickly toward the sound, geez, is he hurt? steps quickly into the airlock area, still can't see everything clearly, no lights in here automatically::

Boy?

::reaches behind him, feeling for the light panel, flips a button and compartment floods with light::

::blinks, adjusting, but... it's empty::
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: _malware_
2007-02-02 06:02 am (UTC)
*...shuts the doors quickly and locks them, cutting off the lights as well...*
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: henry_reed
2007-02-02 06:14 am (UTC)
::whirls around, only light coming from window in main door... and that's not a lot::

What'd I do...? ::looks at panel, or tries to, hard to see, ducks head around to try to catch a glimpse of some of the buttons... feels around, okay, here's the lights::

*flick*

::nothing::

... great...

::tries again, nothing::

::tries access switch, should open--::

::nothing::

Pop's gonna kill me...

::fumbles for the comm, finds it::

Uh... Hello? Henry Reed to... anyone who won't think I'm an idiot.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: _malware_
2007-02-02 06:21 am (UTC)
*...still using Foster's voice for the moment...*

Henry, I suggest you sit back and relax. You're not going anywhere anytime soon. We need you in order for your "pop" to comply.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: henry_reed
2007-02-02 06:26 am (UTC)
::... okay, that's confusing and more than a little strange::

Lieutenant...?

... I don't understand, I'm stuck in the airlock, I need help!
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: _malware_
2007-02-02 06:27 am (UTC)
I'm not Lieutenant Foster. And I know you're stuck in the airlock, I'm the one who put you there.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: henry_reed
2007-02-02 06:40 am (UTC)
You're--

::feels a twinge of uneasiness, to put it mildly::

::raises voice::

Foster? This isn't funny. Where's my dog?

::works the access buttons hard, even though nothing is happening::

Open the door!
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: _malware_
2007-02-02 06:48 am (UTC)
Henry, relax. Nothing will happen as long as you or your father don't try anything. I'm sure your father will comply with us once he knows just how close to danger you are.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: henry_reed
2007-02-02 06:55 am (UTC)
::slams open hand against window, leaving it there, is really mad and a little queasy now... knows now it really isn't Foster, whoever it is using the king's english, as Aunt Maddy calls it::

Comply? Who are you? Comply with what??

::avoids thinking about the airlock door behind him... in the dark...::
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: _malware_
2007-02-02 07:01 am (UTC)
I'm an artificial intelligence program. Though you may call me Malware, if you wish.

There's a mutiny taking place aboard the ship. And your role in it, Henry, is to make sure your father or anyone loyal to him doesn't stop this process.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: henry_reed
2007-02-02 07:22 am (UTC)
:: oh god... ::

...

::fights the urge to just explode, really feels like doing so, wants to beat against the door, get the hell out, warn pop and dad, go stomp the crap outta wherever this computer is::

...

::breathes instead, closes eyes, listening... listening... pay attention, Henry, pay attention to everything...::

"... keep your eyes and ears and entire body in tune with your surroundings... uses your senses... breathe... calm..." ::feels dad circle around him as he talks:: "You need to learn focus, not on yourself, or what you are feeling, but on what's outside, everything else... fine tune your instincts... being a 'hero' is nothing... doing your best is everything. And you can't do your best until you know what your best can be. No panicking... no fear controlling you... only you and the job to be done. If you don't do your part... others can't do theirs."


...

::takes a deep, slow breath::

I'm not taking any 'role' in any... mutiny. It's wrong. You're wrong.

::studies what can see of the panel in the dark... wishes would have paid more attention to engineering classes... wishes Lot were here, she'd be able to figure it out easy::
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: _malware_
2007-02-02 07:31 am (UTC)
Whether you choose to be a part of it or not, you're already involved. Your father's already involved. In fact, he's knocked out in the brig as we speak. And, hopefully, he stays like that for some time.

It'd be a shame for a malfunction to occur in the airlock, with you still in it, if he doesn't stay compliant.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: henry_reed
2007-02-02 07:40 am (UTC)
::chills::

::can't help it, looks over shoulder at airlock door, imagining all sorts of things... pop won't let that happen, dad won't let it happen...::

::leans heavily onto hand, still on window::

::swallows::

Let me out of here. My parents will deal with you, whoever-- whatever you are.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: _malware_
2007-02-02 07:47 am (UTC)
Listen, kid, I think I've been nice enough to you. You're in no position to be threatening me or making demands.

So, sit down, shut up, and deal with it! You're not going anywhere, and neither are your parents.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: henry_reed
2007-02-02 08:07 am (UTC)
::laughs darkly, runs hand through hair in nervous gesture, muttering half to self, half to this program::

Great... someone else telling me what to do.

::on other hand... is a little touchy for a computer::

::... pays attention... ::

::louder::

Fine. ::shrugs hard, frustration welling up again:: Nothing better to do anyway.

::turns with back against door, crossing arms, bouncing a little against it, sniffs::

::bends knee, fitting bottom of foot flush against the metal behind him... bounces... thinks...::

::kicks the door, the sound falling dully in the dark compartment... this is gonna take a while::

::wishes could talk to one of them... hopes they're okay::
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)