?

Log in

No account? Create an account
Insanity [entries|archive|friends|userinfo]
Insanity

[ website | TrekSoap ]
[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

[Apr. 9th, 2010|04:22 pm]
Insanity

treksoap

[captainchakotay]
[Tags|, , , , , , ]

::circles console to check lieutenantkim's readings one more time::

::sighs with restrained satisfaction...nothing worse, but nothing better either::

::moves to slap comm badge and open a channel to engineering, arresting gesture when turbolift doors open, revealing ltcmdrtomparis and miral_paris::

Any updates?
linkReply

Comments:
[User Picture]From: ltcmdrtomparis
2010-04-09 08:31 pm (UTC)
::catches annikahansen's eye, unable to even wrest up amusement at her look of pointed forbearance::

Well, do you want the good news or the bad news first?

::cracks a thin smile at look of warning from Indian::

Guess I'll give you the good.

Vorik finally got the shields up. I'd say we give him a cookie, but...
(Reply) (Thread)
From: miralparis
2010-04-09 08:37 pm (UTC)
...they aren't exactly going to do much good against the Krenim's chroniton weapons. You'd may as well call a spacewalk and put up tarps.

::levels a look at the Captain, determined to get annoyance across...if he'd even entertain a more creative approach...::

Make them white, if you really want a chance.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: captainchakotay
2010-04-09 09:03 pm (UTC)
When it looks like we'll be in the vicinity for any length of time, I'll consider having you lead a team, Ensign.

::turns eyes to XO::

What about the inoculations?
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: ltcmdrtomparis
2010-04-09 09:26 pm (UTC)
::puts on own look of forbearance...checking on that was wading into a whole other battlefield::

They're about halfway through. Doc isn't sure about effectiveness, though...you remember the result with Kes after her exposure to the biotemporal chamber.

::reflexively turns head from annikahansen at unbidden lump in throat resulting from even brief thought of her predecessor::

Which actually introduces a whole new concern. We don't know how a slipstream jaunt would affect our telepaths...hell, anyone...after the shots.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: captainchakotay
2010-04-09 09:35 pm (UTC)
::grits teeth...should have thought of that on own::

Good point.

We'll hold off on the inoculations, but it won't hurt to at least have them ready.

::twists head to address Ops officer::

Do we have an ETA on the shuttles yet?
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: lieutenantkim
2010-04-09 10:32 pm (UTC)
::lifts head from readings, struggling to keep rapidly climbing levels of anxiety from voice::

Sacagawea is nearly ready, maybe fifteen more minutes. The Baxial is taking a little longer...she was rusty from lack of use, and we didn't have the right parts just laying around.

(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: captainchakotay
2010-04-09 10:55 pm (UTC)
::nods...normally, such news would be an open invitation to belly-ache over the difficulties of non-Starfleet craft, but this could be one of those times a sore thumb like Neelix's vessel will save the day::

::sighs...thank Tom for the pessimism::

::puts a little forcible optimism into voice, making eye contact around bridge::

We haven't seen any indication of further meddling from the Krenim, so it's entirely possible that previous blip was just an unintended side effect of their activity elsewhere and we're still off their sensor grid. If we can keep it that way for another hour or so, we'll be clear to go.

::glances back to Ops station::

Harry, stop burning holes into the carpeting and go get me some visual status updates.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread) (Expand)
[User Picture]From: lieutenantkim
2010-04-10 02:59 am (UTC)
::puts old breathing trick to use while waiting for turbolift to stop at deck five...in self defense, hasn't been this...scared...since...well, since andrewkim made his grand entrance into the universe::

::spends half a hysterical minute pondering how Freud would relate childbirth to the insane new slipstream drive, before doors open, forcing some semblance of rationality::

::jerks head in nod to passing crew, all but running to sickbay::

::looks around when doors open, heart settling a little from thumping once reassured everyone is in place...linnis_paris at her usual research table, son pacing a far corner with a fussy baby::
(Reply) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: linnis_paris
2010-04-10 03:15 am (UTC)
::draws another syringe full from flask, breaking concentration briefly at noise of displeasure from emh_marki::

::takes in his look of profound annoyance and kes_ amused smile, turning::

::releases huff of own:::

Oh, honestly, Harry, you'd better be dying.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: lieutenantkim
2010-04-10 03:18 am (UTC)
::ignores harshness of statement, more attuned to affection in her tone::

Don't jinx me.

::nods gratitude when kes_ pulls the Doctor away, granting a little privacy::

::ignores andrewkim's eyeroll from across room too, stepping closer to wife::

I just wanted to make sure...
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: linnis_paris
2010-04-10 04:32 am (UTC)
::tries and fails to hold on to irritation, taking in a very familiar mixture of puppy dog guilt and genuine worry::

::works on finishing off vial before giving him full attention, though::

I'm here. I'm too busy to be anywhere but here. Besides, someone has to keep them...

::nods to growing gaggle of fretting babies and antsy parents::

...in line.

If you really want to help, see if Naomi can be spared.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: andrewkim
2010-04-10 01:00 pm (UTC)
::steps over, relieved when linnis_paris offers up an empty hypo, successfully quelling kelsie_wildman's restlessness for at least probably about a minute::

Or see if Vorik will accept a trade. Naomi has to be exhausted, her nerves were already a wreck this morning. She needs to be with K, and there's nothing I can do here.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: linnis_paris
2010-04-15 12:55 am (UTC)
Don't be ridi...

::holds breath a few seconds::

::points back to other side of sickbay::

You aren't going anywhere.

::reaches for a loaded hypo, only lowering it when given a gesture of one-handed surrender::

::turns back to husband, trying to wipe at least some strain off face::

Harry, please.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: lieutenantkim
2010-04-15 01:05 am (UTC)
::exchanges look of alarm with the Doctor...when the sedatives come out, she's stressed::

::knocks own nerves back into place, straightening shoulders and putting practiced soothing into voice::

Okay, okay. She was working on the Sacajawea, they should be wrapping up, I'm sure Vorik will be more than happy to release her.
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)
[User Picture]From: linnis_paris
2010-04-15 01:24 am (UTC)
I wouldn't count on it, but if he protests too much just remind him of what happened the last time she was running around ship when the Krenim attacked.

I don't think our son is ready to be a single parent, should she end up in stasis another few months...or worse.

::regrets harshness of statement the moment andrewkim flinches and wheels to stride back to former corner, but pushes it off...there will be time for making it up later::

::reaches out to grab lieutenantkim's hand, drawing comfort...and hopefully calm...from the warm human touch::

(Reply) (Parent) (Thread) (Expand)